Monday, November 12, 2012

"Rock Of Ages" the Musical Nov.11th 2012


Last night Sunday November 11th my Sweetie Janis and I went to the musical Rock Of Ages. This was my first time ever going to a musical. I was pretty hesitant about going to this show. I had bought Janis the tickets and told her she could take a friend if she wanted, but she really wanted me to go with her. So I bit the bullet and went. We had yet to see the movie, and I had heard mixed reviews about the movie. But I had read good reviews about the musical. The only other musicla I can think of that I would have any interest in seeing is the Who's 'Tommy' production,

The show was the last engagement of the five night stand that played here in Edmonton at the Jubilee Auditorium. From what I understand, the Rock Of Ages was first an off Broadway musical in 2006 before it became the movie that also came out this year. It is now a Broadway hit, making the rounds all across Canada.

The show is about a small town guy that moves to Hollywood to become a rock star back in the 80's glam heydays on the infamous Sunset Strip. While in Hollywood he meets a lady who also moved to Hollywood to become a movie star. Your basic Hollywood love story.

I was quite surprised about how good the musical actually was, the acting was good, the dancing incredible, especially the scantilcy clad ladies, and then there was all the singing of old 80's hits by such bands as Joan Jett, Journey, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Poison and many others, all the actors did a great job singing. The show was full of laughs, even some curse words and again them damn songs from the 80's. If I could just get that damn song "Don't Stop Believin" out of my head,ughhhhhh!!!!!!

All and all a fun evening out with my Sweetie. Good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment