Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cave Singers in Edmonton June 10th 2013


On Monday night my buddy A-Bomb and I went to the Cave Singers concert here in Edmonton. This was my first time seeing this Seattle band play live, I have been a fan of them for years now, so I was excited to finally see them perform. The show was at the Starlite Room here, but when we got to the venue, the show had been moved to the basement of the venue, a little room called The Brixx. So obviously the show didn't sell as well as expected. The Cave Singers are out supporting their latest album "Naomi" which is an excellent album by the way.

There were about 150 people at the show, which is disappointing, I figured there would be a lot more then that. It didn't stop the band from putting on a great show, but what it may have done was make them only play for just over an hour long. Not long enough at all. I was shocked when they said they only had two more songs to do, my buddy and I looked at each other like, "Huh, what the hell!!!". The band has expanded to a four piece band adding bass player Derek Fudesco whom also played the flute on a few songs. Thanks to my brother who has let me know that Derek is the guitar player not the bass player. My mistake. Lead singer Pete Quirk sounded good, with great stage presence, but kind of looked like a leprechaun up there. I'm not sure how you would describe their music, I had mentioned to A-Bomb they have this very earthy feel to them, I don't know what the hell that means, but that's how I described the music,lol.

All and all it was a good show, just way too short. I look forward to seeing them again, but hopefully in a better venue, bigger audience and a longer show. Good times!!!

I couldn't get a decent picture at the show, I need a new camera.




T-shirt bought at show.





No comments:

Post a Comment