Saturday, March 3, 2018

Seven Inch Saturday (Anthrax)


It's been a while since I have done a seven inch Saturday post, so here we go. I've been busy with listing my vinyl on Discogs that last little while and haven't updated the blog a whole lot. But now that the listing is done I can get back to writing more. After going through all my vinyl, I've come across some stuff I forgot I even had. So I am going to start writing a bit more about some vinyl I have re-discovered.

Today I am starting with a seven inch single from the band Anthrax. This was part of a series of Record Store Day releases (or Disquaire Day in French) from 2016. These releases which also include Twenty One Pilots, La Femme and The Doors are singles that honour the musical connection between France and the USA. All the releases are in memory of those last in the 2015 Paris attack in which 130 people lost their lives in a terror attack. The only one I picked up is the Anthrax single which features the songs "Antisocial" (Trust cover) from Anthrax's 1988 album State Of Euphoria, b/w "In The End" both songs are live versions. The song "In The End" from Anthrax's 2011 album Worship Music is wrote as a tribute to 'Dimebag' Darrell (Pantera) and Ronnie James Dio (Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio). This single is a limited pressing of 1500 copies on red vinyl. Both songs were recorded in Tokyo not sure of what year though as there is nothing on the cover or record telling you. I found both live recordings to sound very muffled and muddy sounding, not a very good recording at all, almost bootleg like.

Side A - Antisocial


Side B - In The End


In concert news...Anthrax will be coming through Edmonton again this spring with Slayer and Testament on Sunday May 20th at The Shaw Conference Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment