Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Anvil Live in Edmonton June 1st 2019


This Anvil show was almost three weeks ago now but am finally getting around to writing about it. Anvil was playing Rendezvous Pub on tour for their 2018 album Pounding the Pavement. This would be my third time seeing Anvil in concert.

Forty-two years in and Anvil still put on an entertaining show. It was exactly what I expected, old school heavy metal, with the band playing lots of their old stuff like "March Of The Crabs", "666", "Mothra" and "Metal On Metal", "Winged Assassins" and throwing some newer stuff as well from the Pounding Pavement album "Bitch In The Box" and "Doing What I Want".

The three piece band led by Lips on guitar and vocals with Robb Reiner on drums and yet again a new bass player. All three times I have seen Anvil they have had a different bass player. The guys were in fine form with Lips telling some great stories about hanging with Ozzy and Lemmy. and telling some cheesy jokes that got a few groans from the audience. I just love how Lips looks like he is having a blast playing live. Robb sounded great on the drums. All and all this was a fun show and am very happy that Karie talked me into going, even though I probably should have stayed home after a day of drinking, but what the hell you only live once, right! Good times!!!

Anvil at Rendezvous Pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment