Saturday, February 15, 2020

Tommy & The Commies Live in Edmonton February 1st 2020


A couple of Saturday's ago now I went to the punk triple bill of Real Sickies, No Problem and Tommy and The Commies show at 9910. When I first saw this show announced I was already interested as I like and have seen No Problem and the Real Sickies before, but had no idea who Tommy and the Commies were. That's when my brother Captain Citrus who knows everything about punk rock told me I should really go to this show as Tommy and the Commies were a great band out of Sudbury, Ontario. Not that I needed to be sold on this show, but with my brother's recommendation, as I trust most of his taste in music. I was definitely checking this show out.

Of course I got their early as I wanted to see all the bands. The venue was quite full for the first band of the night Edmonton's Real Sickies. This would be my sixth time seeing them live. And as always Ben Disaster the lead singer was in fine form as were the rest of the band, a high energy show that had the crowd rocking out.

Real Sickies.

Real Sickies setlist.

Next was another great Edmonton punk band No Problem. This would be my third time seeing them in concert. It had been a few years since I last saw them and holy fuck were they good. No Problem are on the hardcore side of punk rock, so raw and energetic, especially lead singer/guitarist Graeme MacKinnon. He sings in your face and really gets the crowd riled up. He likes to jump into the midst of the crowd and sing and slam along with the audience. Things got rowdy during their set. An amazing set by No Problem.

No Problem.

Headlining the night was Tommy and The Commies out of Sudbury, Ontario. This show was the last of three shows they did out west, the other shows were in Winnipeg and Calgary. This three piece band play a 70's style of punk rock but with a fresh vibe of their own. The band played their whole album Here Come Tommy And The Commies. I wish I had known their music better, but after seeing them I am a fan of them now. A great triple bill of punk. Good times!!!

Tommy And The Commies.

Tommy And The Commies setlist.

T-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment