Friday, June 30, 2023

The Sadies Live in Edmonton October 22nd 2022

My buddy Buzzard and I went to see The Sadies play a sold out show at the local venue here called SOHO. This was my first show at this venue, have to say it is a pretty cool venue. This would be my 14th time seeing The Sadies in concert. This show was the first of three sold out shows in Edmonton. The other two night were at the Blackdog. What made this show different then every other time I had seen The Sadies live was that Dallas Good is no longer around having passed away in February 2022 at the age of 48. Luckily the band had recorded a new album Colder Streams before the sudden passing of Dallas. And what a great album it is. It was some weird to see The Sadies without him, but holy shit were they ever good. Brother Travis Good has really taken control of the band and did an amazing job. They are still one of my favourite live bands to see. Kacy Anderson of the folk duo Kacy & Clayton sat in with The Sadies for about half the show and she was awesome. Kacy has an amazing voice and added a cool element to the songs. Very impressive. The Sadies.
Opening the show was supposed to be Kacy & Clayton but apparently Clayton had another gig to play so it was kacy Anderson and her band which for the life of me I can not remember the name. Nonetheless, Kacy and her back up band were great as well. Again Kacy just has an amzing voice and stage presence and, she has such a cute smile. I had never seen her perform before but will be sure to catch her the next time she comes through town. A very good night of music, really with I had bought tickets for there other two shows on this weekend. Kacy Anderson and band.

No comments:

Post a Comment