Wednesday, September 4, 2024

September 4th

  

 Back on September 4th, 2011 I went to the Sonic Boom Music Festival here in Edmonton. I was looking forward to this festival as there were some good bands I wanted to see on the bill. Bands such as Cake, Social Distortion and Jane's Addiction. The show was originally supposed to be outdoors at the Northlands Grounds, but because of a weather forecast for rain, it was moved in doors to the Expo Centre. Well, the forecast was wrong and the weekend ended up being beautiful, but the show was indoors. And man did the venue ever suck. Sound was atrocious, beer garden was a joke, the whole thing just sucked. I did manage to see Social Distortion and Cake, but left before Jane's Addiction which is a shame because I love that band. You know it's bad when you leave before the headliner.








No comments:

Post a Comment