A few weeks ago my buddy Buzzard and took a trip to Vancouver to see a few concerts and visit with friends and family. We had no plans for the Friday night, so my brother Citrus suggested seeing this show at a venue called the Green Auto in the industrial area of East Vancouver. Be cause we had no plans this was a great opportunity to hang with my brother and his wife Sherry and their buddy Brad. My brother had told me about this venue for a few years no, so I was looking forward to finally seeing a show there. Apparently if I remember correctly, where we saw this show was what they call the pop up Green Auto venue. I believe there are actually three different venues here, depending on how big the show is, what venue they use. This one was a smaller crowd, and the venue is just a warehouse. Reminded me of the days in Edmonton when we would see shows in basements and warehouses which were illegal venues back in the day.
This show was a four band show with three local Vancouver bands and a headliner from Montreal. The only band I had heard of for this gig was Night Court. My brother has said a lot of good things about the band so I was looking forward to seeing them.
The first band of the evening was a three piece pop-punk band called Code-22. I thought they were pretty good, lots of potential and those that were already at the venue seemed to like them as well.
Next up was a band called Terminal City Rats from Vancouver. They would be best described as a street punk hardcore band. Wasn't my kind of music but I did think the bass player was quite good.
The third band of the evening and the band I was most interest in hearing was Night Court also from Vancouver. I had listened to some of their music previously so I knew what I was in for and their power pop punk style of music was quite good. I can see why my brother is a big fan of the band. The trio of musicians in the band are very talented and put on a great short set of pop punk.
The headliner of the night was a hardcore band out of Montreal called Out Of Order. From what I have read the band has been around for 25 years and originated in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2001 moving to Montreal in 2005. Again, not my kind of music but I did get a kick out of the energy and antics of lead singer Scott Maracle.
It was a very fun night out seeing and hearing a bunch of bands I had never seen before and hanging with my brother Citrus, his wife Sherry and their friend Brad. Good times!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment