Saturday, January 5, 2013

Favorite Albums Of 2012


Well after a week of going through my records and CD's of the past year, I have finally come up with my top ten list for the year 2012. These top ten are albums that have got regular play through out the year. Of course a guy can only afford so much, so these are the albums I have got, I am sure there were many other good ones out there last year that I haven't got around to buying yet. I would be interested in hearing what your top ten were. Maybe you can turn me on to some new music. Feel free to list your faves from 2012.

Without a doubt my favorite album of the year was...

*1.Diamond Rugs - Self Titled (Partisan Records)



2.Joel Plaskett Emergency - Scrappy Happiness (Maple Music Recordings)



3.Lucero - Women & Work (ATO Records)



4.Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Psychedelic Pill (Reprise Records)



5.Carolyn Mark - The Queen Of Vancouver Island (Mint Records)



6.Bob Dylan - Tempest (Columbia Records)



7.Patterson Hood - Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance (ATO Records)



8.Redd Kross - Researching The Blues (Merge Records)



9.Leeroy Stagger - Radiant Land (Gold Lake Records)



10.Bombchan - Do Me Right



Just like my top ten concerts, I am not able to stop at ten. Here are a few more...

11.Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls (ATO Records)



12.Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory (Carpark Records)



13.Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball (Columbia Records)



Honorable mentions...Gaslight Anthem, Corb Lund, Old Crow Medicine Show, Reverend Payton's Big Damn Band, Jack White, Rush and locals Fire Next Time.


Album Cover Of The Year


Eamon McGrath - Young Canadians (White Whale Records)

Biggest Disappointment Of The Year


Aaron Freeman (aka Gene Ween) - Marvelous Clouds (Partisan Records)

Things I Am Looking Forward To (and hoping for) In 2013

- Black Crowes reunion, hope they make it to Edmonton on this tour
- Rolling Stones stadium show in Edmonton,(hopefully)
- Ween reunion (wishful thinking)
- Drive-By Truckers (please play Edmonton)
- Lucero finally playing in Edmonton on Monday April 1st at the Starlite Room
- New Bronx album

No comments:

Post a Comment