Friday, April 28, 2017

Record Store Day After Party April 22nd 2017


After hanging at home all Saturday afternoon listening to all my new Record Store Day purchases and having a few beers it was off to the Blackbyrd after party for Record Store Day. Usually this event is held in the alley of Blackbyrd, but because of the snow this year, it was moved across the street indoors at The Buckingham.

The two bands lined up for the party were local bands Cham and Altameda, with DJ's Lyle and Kim from the Wet Secrets spinning tunes before and between bands.

The party started with the band Cham whom I had seen for the first time about a month ago opening for Napalmpom and Wet Secrets. I didn't care for them at all that time, but thought their show was much better this time around, maybe it was the beers! Anyways, this time they reminded me a bit of Pavement, a much stronger set on this night I thought.

Cham.

Next up was a band called Altameda. I had never heard of them before, but wow! They put on a hell of a show and a band I will be checking out a lot more. Their music reminded me of a mix of Tom Petty and The Boss at times, but with more of an edge. I was very impressed. Enough that I picked up their limited edition silk screened cover art album only 20 printed.

The band is lead by Troy Snaterse on vocals and guitar and does a hell of a job of both. The drummer also did background vocals and killed it on the drums. The whole band was awesome. A very entertaining set by Alameda. Also a big thank you to the staff at Blackbyrd for the free Yellowhead beers, mmm mmm good! Good times!!!

Altameda.

The limited edition album of Altaneda's I picked up.


No comments:

Post a Comment