Sunday, July 28, 2019

Mike Plume Live in Sherwood Park July 13th 2019


A couple weeks ago my buddy Buzzard and I went to Oscars Pub in Sherwood Park to see Mike Plume play a rare show. Anyone that follows my blog knows how big of fan I am of Mike. Mike was covering for a friend that usually plays Friday and Saturdays at Oscars but was taking the weekend off, so Mike stood up to the plate and covered for him. Now this isn't the kind of shows Mike usually does anymore, it is how he got his start, but now Mike plays shows more so then doing the singer in the pub kind of gig. But I got an invite from Mike letting me know about the two night stand he was doing, so we went to check it out. In Mike's words "this will be a hoot". And damn he was right. Mike did four sets of about 30-40 minutes each, doing all kinds of cover songs and a few of his own as well.

Some artists he covered on this night were John Mellencamp, Tom Petty, John Hiatt, Todd Snider, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle,John Prine, Tragically Hip, Bob Dylan, Corb Lund, Tom Waits, Stompin' Tom Connors (The Ketchup Song in which I requested) and man did he ever do a great job on that one as he did with all of them. I also requested a song of his own "Voice Like A Song" from his latest album Born By The Radio a song I had yet to hear him play live, so that was cool and again sounded amazing. This was a super fun night of hearing Mike Plume play songs that he used to do when he first started gigging. Good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment