Saturday, December 7, 2019

Altameda Live @ 9910 in Edmonton Nov.28th 2019


My buddy Buzzard and I went to the Altameda show at 9910 last week. Opening the show was an Edmonton band called Bud Frasier & The Electric Razors. The band is made up of members from other local bands like Shout Out Out Out Out, Wet Secrets and Whitey Houston. I had never heard or seen them before, so I was looking forward to checking them out. I really enjoyed their opening set, fun rock n' roll with a great vibe. I would certainly go see them again.

Bud Frasier & The Electric Razors.

Closing out the show was Edmonton rockers Altameda. This would be my 12th time seeing them in concert. The first thing I noticed this time around was that they have a new bassist. He seemed to fit in great with the rest of the guys led by Troy Snaterse on guitar and vocals. As I have said many times before, these guys rock, a little alt country and whole lot of rock n' roll. Troy sounded excellent and drummer Erik Grice always amazes me with his Keith Moon drumming style and backing vocals, so fucking good! And on keys Matt Kraus always adds just the right amount of keys to make the songs flow so well. The band played all the songs I expected and even a new song. A great set as always from Altameda. After a very busy year of touring for their album Time Hasn't Changed Me taking them across Canada a few times and a successful Germany tour the band is taking some time off and will begin working on a new album for a spring release in 2020. A great show to a great crowd. Good times!!!

Altameda.


No comments:

Post a Comment