Saturday, December 14, 2019

Black Friday Record Store Day 2019 purchases.


My Black Friday Record Store Day pick ups. The Black Friday RSD isn't near as interesting or as good as the real RSD in April but there is always something I want. Sadly this time I missed out on the one album I really wanted, which was the Pearl Jam Unplugged album. The record shop I frequent didn't even get it in. So I was shit out of luck on that one. I did manage to pick up the following albums though.

John Lee Hooker - Black Night Is Falling
A great live album recorded in Montreal, Quebec at the Rising Sun Celebrity Jazz Club on May 5th 1977. Some old school boogie rock n' roll. Limited edition of 2000.

Gov't Mule - Bring On The Music, Live At The Capitol Theatre Vol.3
Another live album, this one by jam band Gov't Mule recorded on April 27th and 28th 2018 in Port Chester, New York. This is on Purple/Yellow Striped vinyl and is a limited run of 2000 as well.

Lou Reed - The Raven
This album is Lou's 19th solo album from 2003 and the first time it has been released on vinyl. It is triple album of short stories and poems of Edgar Allan Poe. This is a really tough listen and is pretty much for completists only. I paid too much for this and highly doubt it will get another spin. Limited to 5000 copies.

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies Live
Yet another live album. Recorded in Houston,Texas in April of 1973. This is my favourite pick up for RSD. The sound is great and the performance is amazing. This record also came with a seven inch single featuring "School's Out" and "Under My Wheels". What I thought was cool about this album is that the cover art is sharp and the inside of the jacket is printed green snake like pattern of the album Billion Dollar Babies. A limited release of 6000.

Willie Nelson - Seven inch single with "Sometimes Even I Can Get Too High" on the A side and "It's All Going To Pot" on the B side. A limited edition of 4000.

No comments:

Post a Comment