Friday, April 7, 2023

Roger Waters Live in Edmonton September 13th 2022

After three years of postponements Janis, Buzzard and I finally got to see the Roger Waters This Is Not A Drill Tour in Edmonton at Rogers Place. PLaying to a near sold out coliseum, Roger Waters and his band put on a stunning show full of visuals, great sound and songs with the stage in the round. Not a bad seat in the venue. A great selection of songs from his Pink Floyd and Solo career. The show had a very political slant through out the two hour concert with a short intermission half way through. What really surprised me was the opening song of the show being "Comftorably Numb". Another nice surprise during the first set was Roger playing a song from his solo album Radio K.A.O.S. "The Powers That Be". I really wish he would do more songs from that album as I think it is a very underrated album. Other songs I recall him playing, remember this show was a while ago and I'm just trying to catch up on shows I saw in the past year, therefore my reviews are going to be short. Anyways, other songs were "Another Brick In The Wall", "Wish You Were Here", "Have A Cigar", "Run Like Hell", "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Sheep" and "Money" and many more. Roger Waters live is always a great experience. This was my fifth time seeing him in concert. Good times!!!
Roger Waters.

1 comment:

  1. I see that he's wearing the coat that recently got him in trouble in Germany.

    ReplyDelete