Sunday, April 2, 2023

Super Friendly Fest in Edmonton September 11th Day 2

Well after the fun I had at day one of Super Friednly Fest, I woke up nursing a hangover. Therefore I didn't get down to Union Hall until mid afternoon. I ended up going to day two by myself as Nazz was under the weather. After a few beers at home I got to the venue in time to catch the third band of the day which was Edmonton's Norell. I knew nothing about them before this day. I thought they were pretty damn good. Norell.
Next up was Drive By Punch another Edmonton band. This was my sixth time seeing them play live. They too put on a great show. Drive By Punch.
The next band up was the main reason I wanted to go to this festival. The band Carpenter from Vancouver haven't played Edmonton since 2013, so I was super excited about seeing them perform again. And they did not disappoint. A great that have been labeled as a farmcore band, which in itself is hilarious. Lead singer and guitar player Dan Sioui who is obsessed with John Mellencamp or so says their bio, but it is true as you can see by the t-shirt I bought at the show. Carpenter played an amazing show, and by the time the band hit the stage the venue was filling up nicely. Dan was sounded great and had lots of energy which the crowd fed off. I was suprised by how much the crowd were digging this band, They obviously have a great following in Edmonton. everyone was dancing and singing along. Just an awesome show and can't wait for the band to come back. This was my fourth time seeing them live. It was nice to talk with Dan after the show. Carpenter.
The Carpenter t-shirt I picked up at the show.
Next band up was Edmonton band Calling All Captains. I didn't stick around for their full set as I was starting to get a good buzz on again and with work on Monday I had to bail early. Had I known in advance that I was going to get guest list for the whole weekend I would have booked Monday off of work. But I didn't, therefore I had to leave early. Which was a drag as I would love to have hung around to see Moneen and Misery Signals. Calling All Captains.
What a great weekend of live music and hanging out with friends. Again, a huge thank you to JFK! Good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment