Saturday, September 2, 2023

Ben & Henry Sir at The Underdog December 26th 2022

This is another hard review to do, as it was only 4 months later that Ben passed away (April 2023). This show I believe was the second time that Ben and Henry performed on Boxing Day, making it a tradition that sadly won't be happening anymore. Ben of course is or was the lead singer and guitar player and songwriter of his band Worst Days Down and his brother Henry (Evan) Sir is a comedian. I had never seen Henry perform, so I was looking forward to seeing this show. I've been following Henry on Instagram for a while now and thought I need to see him as all his clips on Instagram are awesome. And Ben, well he is a friend and a very talented musician. The show was only about an hour long with both brothers performing, with Henry starting with a 15 minute set of stand up comedy that was fucking hilarious. He had the crowd in stitches. I had tears rolling down my cheeks I was laughing so hard. Ben then played a couple of songs and then the both of them playing a couple cover songs together. There was some good banter between the two of them. Just a really fun evening, just wish it was longer. A good turnout for the show even on Boxing Day. I got to talk with Ben before and after the show, and of course getting a huge hug and embrace from him, because that's the kind of guy he was. Just an awesome man. He introduced me to his brother whom also is a very nice gentleman. I was hoping this would become part of my Xmas tradition getting to see these guys play together every year on Boxing Day. If you get the chance to see Henry Sir perform, I highly recommend checking him out. This was the last time I got to talk to and see Ben Sir. Miss you Ben. Rest In Peace my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment