Saturday, October 28, 2023

Madball Live in Edmonton June 4th 2023

 


When this Madball concert was announced in Edmonton at the Buckingham, my first thought was "holy fuck the crowd is gonna tear that place apart". The Buckingham is a smaller venue with a capacity of probably not more then a couple hundred.

 Of course this was a sold out show. A beautiful summer day and the venue was super hot. By the time New York City hardcore legends were done there was condensation dripping off the walls.

 There were five opening bands for this show starting with a band from Red Deer called Umi Yokai, I didn't get there in time to catch them, but heard people talking about them saying they were good.

 I did catch the rest of the bands which were End Game, Vibes, Shallow End and Trench. I'm just not a big fan of the hardcore bands anymore, guess I'm getting old. Lots of people were certainly enjoying themselves, doing there hardcore dancing, which looks like a big karate fight to me. After hearing all the opening bands, I was ready to see Madball. This would be my second time seeing Madball in concert.

 By the time Madball came on the place was packed and super hot. Madball were great, again I'm just not as big of fan of this genre of music as I used to be. With lead singer Freddy Cricien being the only original member in the band but still sounding good. All and all it was a good show, ran into a bunch of people at the show that I hadn't seen in a while so that was nice too. People were losing there shit to Madball and the place didn't get destroyed. A fun night out. Good times!

Madball.





No comments:

Post a Comment