Saturday, May 18, 2024

Violent Femmes Live in Edmonton May 8th 2024

 

 My buddy Buzzard and I went to this sold out Violent Femmes concert at the Winspear Centre. This was my second time seeing the Violent Femmes concert, last time I saw them was in 2000. So I was excited to get to see them perform live again. This time around the band were performing their first two albums in full. This was going to be awesome.

 And holy fucking shit, it was awesome. The band played two sets, the first set was them playing their second album 1984's Hallowed Ground, and the second set was them performing their 1983 debut album. The band were in fine form sounding amazing. the first set was great and the second set was even better. From the first note of "Blister In the Sun" in the second set the sold out crowd were in the aisles dancing and singing along. And the crowd didn't stop dancing until the last note of the encore of "American Music". This was such a fun show. Lead singer Gord Gano even mentioned about coming back to town and performing with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. That would be super cool to see. I really hope that happens because you can bet I'll be at that show too. Good times!!!

Violent Femmes at the Winspear Centre.















No comments:

Post a Comment