Saturday, May 16, 2009

Put That In Your Joel and Plaskett!!!!!


Thursday night May 14th BZ,Earl and I went to see Joel Plaskett play at McDougall Church here in Edmonton. Ya, I know, a church, weird place for a show, but what a wicked show it was. Joel put on an awesome show and played close to 3 hours with a short intermission after 45 minutes. Joel had his father playing with him and two excellent back up lady singers, and one of them (Ana Egge) hailing from Estevan, Sask. which is where my cuz and Dad are from. She did a song called Farmers Daughter that was quite good. The venue held about 500 people and was packed. What an excellent 3 hours of music. He played lots of new songs from his album Three which is probably my favorite album so far this year, highly recommend buying it. The only bitch I have about this venue was lack of booze, thank god there is a bar just down the street :) But when the music is this good, who needs booze. All and all , I give this show a 9 out of 10. Good times!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment