Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Whitey Houston,Pride Tiger and C'Mon @ The Pawn Shop



Sunday night was a good triple bill of all Canadian music at The Pawn Shop. While Monday was a holiday, I have to say that Sunday isn't a night for all out partying to some great bands. I must be getting old, it just didn't seem to be as happening as I thought it would be.
The night started with local duo Whitey Houston rocking the venue, they sure make a lot of noise for a bass player and drummer and of course the hot lady playing the maracas in the background. The place was quite full for these guys.
Next up was Pride Tiger from Vancouver with their 70's influenced Thin Lizzy sound, they rocked the joint. I have to say the drummer/lead singer is a lot of fun to watch perform, he seems very happy to be doing what he does, always smiling,banging away and the woo's here and there, fun band, good tunes. Second time I have seen them in the last year and wasn't disappointed.


Headliners C'Mon (from Toronto) lead by Ian Blurton formerly of Change Of Heart were next. For a 3 piece band they play some dirty rock n' roll with no letting up during their hour long set. But you could see the place emptying out as the night went on. I wasn't the only one not quite ready to rock out on a Sunday. Kind of a shame actually.
All and all, not a bad night of music, just wish it had been on a Friday or Saturday. I give this show a 7 out of 10. I went to this show with A Bomb and Earl.

No comments:

Post a Comment