Saturday, August 8, 2009

Vinyl Score


What an amazing week I have had of getting some wicked music. Over the past 6 days I have inherited about 400 new records, and all in mint condition.
First off, last Sunday, a good friend of Janis' (Carla and Lyndsey) brought over to me 4 boxes of records, as they are moving away and didn't want to be hauling around a bunch of records they no longer listen to or wanted. And to them, I say a huge thank you. It felt like Christmas to me going thru all them records. Some awesome scores in this collection, lots of old Kris Kristofferson,Waylon Jennigs,Willie Nelson,Bob Dylan, Stones, Warren Zevon just to mention a few. I even got lucky when I decided to listen to The Stones album Hot Rocks and found a tin foil wrap with some old 70's ditch weed,lol. Go figure a Stones album.
Here are a few pictures of the albums I got from Carla and Lyndsey.

Then this Friday, I got an e mail from a friend and old co-worker Zap, telling me that he had just lost a brother in law whom passed away of health problems, whom had a record collection that was going to get thrown out if no one wanted them. Lucky for me, he thought of me and asked if I wanted them. And of course I said ya, not knowing what this collection may hold or even how many there would be. But wow, to my surprise, my good friend Earl took me over to his place to pick up 3 more boxes of records and a box of CD's as well.
And again, what an amazing collection, all records in mint condition yet again.
In this collection I found some jewels again, an old Alice Cooper School's Out record with the stand up desk and and original record sleeve, also some old Elton John, AC/DC, some Pink Floyd,David Bowie,Neil Diamond, Tom Petty and so much more.


Like I say, what a fuckin' week of music, thanks to Zap and Carla and Lyndsey for thinking of me. It is very much appreciated, cause these records now have a good home and will be looked after and most of all listened to. My record collection has almost doubled over the past week. So needless to say, I have a lot of music to listen to. All of you have made my week. Thanks again!!!!
Oh ya, I also got some CD's from Zap, which I have barely even looked at yet, but did see some good ones.

Now, I have to go, I have some music to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment