Saturday, December 19, 2009

Old School Album For The Week Of Dec.14th - 18th


This week I pulled out an old cassette released in 1981 called There Goes The Neighbourhood by Joe Walsh,what a great album this is. This is the first album by Joe I ever got into and is still my favorite album of his.
My favorite tracks on this album are Made Your Mind Up,Bones,Things,A Life Of Illusion and my all time favorite song of his Down On The Farm.
My favorite memories of the song Down On The Farm are when my buddies Nerraw,A-Bomb and Scotty and I lived together in a house on 99th street behind a Caribbean restaurant. The place was a freakin' zoo, basically an after hours club,lol. The parties we used to have there are still talked about to this very day. Well the song Down On The Farm was our theme song for that house. Here are the lyrics for that song, my god, we used to sing this song at the top of our lungs,lol.
Out in the middle of nowhere
Gathered around in the barn
Animals all in agreement, they was down on the farm

There was talk of all the boring hours
Standin' around with nothin' to do
It was just another boring evening
With a pail of boring things to chew

There was cows and horses and sheeps and pigs
They was tired of the daily routine
They was plannin' on havin' themselves a bash
Gonna throw a great big wing-ding

So they said 'let's do it, play some rock and roll'
And they got all loose and had a few
And before they knew it, they was out of control
Turned into a regular zoo...
They was tired of the daily routine
Havin' themselves a great big bash
And they was gathering steam

And the pig grabbed a chicken, said
Come on over, let's do-si-do a few
And the chick said 'no, you're covered with mud'
Called him a pig and it was true

And every gol' dang one o'their tails was a waggin'
Under the old horse-shoe
That night the animals fell off the wagon
And a tractor or two

Well they was out in the middle of nowhere
They was rockin' out in the barn
They was tearin' it up in the hayloft
Gettin' down on the farm

This song sums up pretty much what that place was like. Good times!!!!
My favorite memories of Joe Walsh was seeing him play with The Ringo All-Starr Band in August of 1989 and with The Eagles in March of 1995. Joe Walsh stole the show both times I saw him play live. Now If I could only see him perform solo, I would go out of my way to see that.
"Sometimes I Can't Help But Feelin' That I'm Living A Life Of Illusion"


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that song would about sum up the whole feel at the party house (the arm pit as my dad used to say)...hahaha. Fave lyric is "That night the animals fell off the wagon and a tractor or two" I always felt that Earl pronounced Nerraw funny, but then again, maybe it's just me. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite lines in the song is...
    They was tired of the daily routine
    Havin' themselves a great big bash
    And they was gathering steam
    The arm pit, I like that,lol.

    ReplyDelete