Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Concert Shirt/Poster Of The Day Dec.23rd (Wilco)

Today's poster is from the fifth time I saw Wilco in concert. This show was at The Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton in 2006 with Elliot Brood opening. Wilco was touring for their live album 'Kicking Television'. I went to this show with A-Bomb, who came from B.C. for the show. I had got a good buzz on before the show, during the concert lead singer Jeff Tweedy pointed me out of the crowd and mentioned how stoned I looked and proceeded to go on about how I looked like someone that had concerts going through his head 24/7, I would say he has a damn good judgement of character. I like to tell this story and then back it up with the bootleg recording I found on the net of this show, and say, hey that's me he is talking to. Again, this was another great performance by Wilco.

Unfortunately I missed openers Elliot Brood, whom I didn't know at the time. I kick my ass now, cause they are an awesome band.

Front.


Back.




1 comment:

  1. Hilarious - I was at this show and remember him pointing out someone in the crowd. I also have that poster somewhere - I need to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete