Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Idyl Tea at Permanent Records Aug.4th 2012


On Saturday afternoon after sitting around having a few beers, my buddy Hurl and I decided to make our way to Permanent Records to see a free show they were putting on by the Edmonton band Idyl Tea.

Idyl Tea are a band that had some success in the early 80's and late 90's. I remember them back then and never really payed any attention to them as they just weren't my cup of tea at the time. Well the band got back together last year and released the album 'Songs That's Not Finished Yet/The Unthology' a double CD. This time around they are promoting the re-release of their debut album 'How I See This Table'.

The band is back together with all original members Everett LaRoi on guitar, Hank Engel on bass and Craig Metcalfe on percussion. Hurl and I downed a few quick beers on the way to the record store and got there just as they were about to start. The band mentioned that this was only the second time they have ever done a in store performance as the last time they did was in the late 80's at HMV in West Edmonton Mall. There were only a few people at the store, lack of any kind of advertising would be to blame for this, or it could be that no one cares about the reunion.. We stuck around for about a half hour and then left before it was done. They still aren't my cup of tea.





No comments:

Post a Comment