Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peter Criss Book Review


While in Calgary a few weeks ago I picked up the Peter Criss autobiography "Makeup To Breakup" that just recently came out. I had heard that Peter Criss was writing a book, but was suprised to see on the book shelf already. So of course I had to have it.

I have now read books from every member of KISS except Paul Stanley, so I am sure he will have a book coming out soon. Especially if Paul read this book. Peter Criss of course used to be the drummer in the band KISS.

The first few chapters of the book is about Peter's upbringing in Brooklyn, New York. After his stories of his childhood, is when things really get interesting. Peter doesn't hold anything back in this book. Peter slings the dirt on everyone from all the members in KISS and the managers that managed the band through out their career. He goes onto call Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley bullies, to questioning Paul's sexuality, even slamming Ace Frehley, which surprised me. Seems to me Peter has burned all his bridges. My thinking was that Ace and Peter were always tight. But after reading this, that surely isn't true now.

Not to give too much away, this is a book definitely woth reading if you were or are a fan of KISS. Peter doesn't hold anything back, from the glory days of sex, drugs and rock n' roll, to his days of being broke,suicidal, marriages and fighting breast cancer. At times you feel sorry for Peter Criss and then at times he comes across as a whiny little bitch. The only success Peter has ever had was when he has been in KISS all his other music projects have been huge failures. Well I don't ever see that happening again. He would have to be kissing some major ass if he ever expects to get an invite to play in KISS again. In which I am sure he would do. If your looking for a book that actually has some dirt on KISS this is the read for you. It was a quick and easy read and well worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment