Friday, December 14, 2012

Yukon Blonde at Permanent Records Dec.13th 2012


Yesterday after work I made my way to the local record shop Permanent Records (8126-103st Edmonton) to catch Vancouver based band Yukon Blonde play an acoustic set. Yukon Blonde are on tour promoting their new album "Tiger Talk" opening for the Sheepdogs. Both bands will be playing at the Edmonton Events Centre tonite Dec.14th.

I had never heard any of Yukon Blonde's music before but thought I would checkout the show as Permanent Records is close to home. It was nice to see a good turnout for the show for a change. The band did a short 4 song acoustic set that I was quite impressed with. Lead singer Jeff Innes with Brandon Scott and Graham Jones doing background vocals all sounded geat , they had great harmonies and good guitar skills. I would be very interested to hear them play electric in a bar setting, I am thinking that would be a show well worth checking out.

I was impressed enough that I picked up their album "Tiger Talk" from the band. The record was released on Dine Alone Records and should be available at your local record shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment