Thursday, July 21, 2016

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds Live in Toronto July 10th 2016


The last show I saw while in Toronto was Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at TD Echo Beach, an outdoor venue that is actually on a beach, and had a really great view of downtown Toronto.

Noel Gallagher is of course the one time guitar player and vocalist in the British band Oasis who called it quits back in 2009. This was my first time seeing him perform as I never did get to see Oasis in concert. While I don't know his solo stuff all that well, when I saw that this show was playing in Toronto while I was there I figured I would check it out, especially when I got a really good deal on the ticket through Ticketmaster's Summer Seat Sale. My ticket cost me a whopping twenty dollars, a great deal!

There was no opening act for the show, just a DJ that played tunes for an hour or so before the show. Which was cool as it gave me time to check out this cool venue. The weather was beautiful, beers were expensive, but you could actually have a smoke while having a beer and watch the show. Which is unheard of here in my hometown of Edmonton. Of course you couldn't smoke on the sandy part of the venue right in front of the stage, but anywhere else you could. I believe the venue holds around 5,000 people and looked to me like there was about that many people there.

The band opened with the song "Everybody's On The Run" from Noel's debut solo album, it was the fifth song "Fade Away" an Oasis song that really got the crowds attention. About half the set was Oasis songs including some of their biggest hits like "Champagne Supernova" and in the encore "Wonderwall". Noel's band also included a three piece horn section that was something I wasn't expecting. At one point during the show there was swarm of mosquitos around Noel in which he told the damn insects to fuck off, and that happened a few times. Some of Noel's in between songs were funny with his British humour, you just never know what is going to come out of his mouth. All and all this was a better show then I was actually expecting. Cool venue, great show. Good times!!!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at TD Echo Beach.

Setlist for Toronto show.

T-shirt front.

Back.

Bootleg t-shirt I bought outside the venue after the show for ten dollars.
Front.

Back.




No comments:

Post a Comment