Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tragically Hip Live in Edmonton July 28th 2016


On Thursday night the Tragically Hip played the first of two sold out shows at Rexall Place here in Edmonton. The Hip are on tour for their latest release Man Machine Poem but is also a farewell tour after lead singer Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer earlier this year.

I already had tickets for the second show but was determined to see the first show as well as the band has been switching up the setlist every night, so I didn't want to miss their second last show here. Persistency finally paid off on the morning of the show scoring row 6 centre seats on the floor for this show, to say I was happy would be an understatement. This would be my sixteenth time seeing the Tragically Hip in concert.

I was going to do a review of the show but after waking up Friday and reading the review that Fish Griwkowsky of the Edmonton Sun / Edmonton Journal wrote there was no reason for me to write one as Fish nailed it in his review in every way. To read the review, which is the best concert review I have ever read click here. It is well worth the read.

Setlist for the first Edmonton show.


The Tragically Hip at Rexall Place.


No comments:

Post a Comment