Saturday, May 20, 2017

R.I.P. Chris Cornell


On Thursday morning I woke up to the sad and tragic news of the death of Chris Cornell the lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave. Hours later it was revealed that he had taken his own life. Chris had just performed with Soundgarden in Detroit. His death shook me more then I expected. The man had an amazing voice and was a voice of a generation a lot like Kurt Cobain was. Soundgarden was a band that my brother introduced me to back in 1989 with the album "Louder Than Love", I loved this album for its rawness. Then in 1991 Soundgarden released my favorite album of theirs "Badmotorfinger" another raw rocking album.

It was in the summer of 1994 that I finally got to see Soundgarden perform live when they played here in Edmonton at the Convention Centre when they were touring for their "Superunknown" album. This was an amazing show and probably the peak of Soundgarden. It was at this show that I saw for the first and only time a guy in a wheelchair crowd surfing. You don't forget memories like that.

Just when you think someone has life by the balls, he does the totally unexpected. Rest In Peace Chris Cornell, thank you for leaving behind all the great music. Your memory will live on. So sad!!! Condolences to his family, friends and his fans worldwide. You will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment