Thursday, August 24, 2017

Altameda Live in Vancouver Aug.16th 2017



Another show I caught, (ok I didn't catch all of the bands) while vacationing in Vancouver was the triple bill of Cousin Arby, Tariq and one of my favourite Edmonton bands Altameda. This show was presented by BeatRoute magazine at The Cobalt. While I didn't catch the first two bands as I was out visiting a friend I hadn't seen in twenty years. So after hanging with my buddy and getting a buzz on, it was off to the show. I missed the first two bands, but made it in time to catch the main act which was Altameda from Edmonton.

Altameda is one of my favorite Edmonton bands these days. This was my third time seeing them play and enjoy them more every time I see them. Like I have said before, if you like artists such as Tom Petty, Ryan Adams and such you will surely like this band. The band lead by Troy Snaterse on guitar and vocals know how to rock n' roll, their drummer Erik Grice is an animal on the drums and even kicks in backing vocals on some tunes, the rest of the band are no slouches either. Todd Andrews is steady on the bass and the keyboard player Matt Kraus is amazing too and adds a lot to the music.

They played lots of songs from their debut album "Dirty Rain" including songs such as "Blackmarket Blues" which has some cool licks in it, "Queen Of The Street" among others. They also did three or four new songs which sound wicked too. A new album is in the works. Can't wait to hear it.

For a Wednesday night there was an alright turn out for the show, and all those in attendance seemed to really be enjoying themselves. All and all a great show by Altameda. Good times!!!

Altameda at The Cobalt.

T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment