Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Melissa Etheridge Live in Edmonton July 12th 2018


Last Thursday I went to the Melissa Etheridge concert here in Edmonton at the Winspear Centre. I had no intention of going to this show but my buddy Buzzard picked us up tickets, so I guess I was going now. At a 100 dollars a ticket, there are a lot of other shows I would rather have gone to, but hey what the hell, a show is a show. This would be my third time seeing Melissa in concert and first time since 1992, so I was due to see her again.

We missed the opening act which was a local artist by the name of Amy Van Keeken.

By the time Melissa Etheridge and her full band came on I was surprised to see that the Winspear was maybe half full if that, and it only holds maybe 1600 people or so. But then with such expensive tickets maybe I shouldn't have been shocked. Melissa and her stellar band opened the evening with the song "No Souvenirs" from her second album Brave and Crazy then into "Similar Features" from her debut album, five of the first six songs were from her first couple of albums, which was cool by me as after her third album I pretty much lost interest in her. The other songs in the opening songs were "Let Me Go", "You Used To Love To Dance" and "Chrome Plated Heart".

Over all the show was quite rocking, with Melissa taking some time to mention that she and her wife had spent two days in the city walking around the river valley and checking out the Street Performers Festival saying how beautiful Edmonton was, but did mention all the construction around the city and the venue which is in downtown Edmonton.

Some of the other songs I recognized were "Yes I Am", "You Can Sleep While I Drive", "Bring Me Some Water" and "I'm The Only One". A pretty damn good setlist, lots of songs that I knew. Those that were in attendance seemed to really enjoy the show. All and all a pretty good show, but I think I could go another 25 years before I need to see her again. Good times!!!

Melissa Etheridge at the Winspear Centre.

T-shirt front.
T-shirt back.

No comments:

Post a Comment