Friday, November 2, 2018

Mike Plume Live in Vancouver Oct.19th 2018


The second show I got to see in Vancouver was by one of my favourite singer/songwriters and all around great guy Mike Plume. I had no idea Mike would be playing Vancouver when I first got the MC50 ticket, but it sure made my day to know I would be in town for this show at LanaLou's. This restaurant/bar was in a derelict part of Vancouver but was actually a pretty cool place to see a show. The show was standing room only, nice to see a good crowd out for Mike Plume. I went to this show with my Cuz, Big Head and Miles. Though Miles ended up bailing even before Mike came on, which is to bad because I know he would have enjoyed it.

It was cool to walk into LanaLou's and surprise Mike. He did the double take and said "what the hell are you doing here?" It was fun to surprise him like that, then Cuz came up and also talked to Mike. That was when Mike thanked us for coming to the show and said "I'm gonna put on a fuckin' show for you guys tonight". And indeed he did.

Opening the show was Shiloh Lindsey who was born in southern Alberta but now based in Vancouver. Shiloh and her band played a alt country style of music, in which Shiloh described as murder ballads but not really about murder. I thought she was quite god and got a great response from the crowd.

Shiloh Lindsey at LanaLou's.

The main act of the night was Mike Plume who makes Edmonton home. This would be my fifteenth time seeing Mike in concert and as always it was an amazing show. Mike is currently on the road touring for his album Born By The Radio which was released in late June. This tour dubbed From The East To The West We Roam or as Mike has called it "A Good Idea On Paper Tour". This tour saw Mike play 22 shows in 38 days and out on 9813 miles on his vehicle.

The shows started with a song called "My Old Friend" from his new album then into "Five Crow Silver" from the Red And White Blues album, a great one/two punch to start the two hour show. Other songs played were "So Long Stompin' Tom" his tribute song for the late great Stompin' Tom Connors, "On Remembrance Day", "Weeds", "Live It Up Until They Lower Me Down", "830 Newfoundland", "The Best Job I've Ever Had", "Me And Ern", "Hey Hey What What D'Ya Say (Coming Home Again)" that was a great sing along song that really had the crowd into it. Mike was humorous self through out the show, and with a great audience there was some great back and forth from a few of the attendees that had people laughing there asses off. Oh man, there were so many good songs and stories and laughs, this was probably the best Mike Plume show I have seen. A little after midnite Mike had to shut er' down as per a noise curfew for the venue. Looked to me like Mike could have went on for another hour easy. Nonetheless it was two hours of awesome music. Good times!!!

Mike Plume at LanaLou's.

T-shirt.


Mike Plume will be playing a hometown show here in Edmonton on Saturday November 24th at the Station On Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment