Saturday, January 7, 2023

My Top Ten Concerts of 2022

Well 2022 sure beat the hell out of past couple of years. So nice to have shows happening again and to get out to a few. Nice to have something to look forward to. Live music keeps the heart beating and helps with the economy and so much more. So here I will list my favourite shows of 2022, in order by date.
But now having said that. I do have a little rant I'd like to get off my chest. This would go out to booking agencies, concert promoters, venue owners and bands. It's bad enough now that you can't get a hard copy ticket, hell some shows now you can't even print off your tickerts, it's going more and more digital everyday, and that sucks! Not everyone has a computer or smart phone. I know, because I have a few friends that don't own either and friends that want nothing to do with social media. So it's getting harder and harder for fans of live music to know what shows are going on. We need more postering around town for all shows. There was a time when you could have a poster and a ticket stub for the shows you attended, that's not the way anymore, and I miss that. Sure postering costs money but I believe in the long run you will reach more fans. I know when I post about shows on social media that I have been to, I sometimes get comments back saying "I had no idea that show happened" and why is that. Well, I believe because part of the reason is no postering and also we really miss the weekly entertainment papers like Vue and See Magazine. Sure there might be a few websites that advertise the shows and such, but again, not everyone has or uses the internet. And if you don't know about the site, well you are shit out of luck. Hell, the local newspapers The Sun and Edmonton Journal don't even have concert listings anymore. It used to be every Friday you could ckeckout what was happening around town. Again, that isn't happening anymore either. So what I am saying is, and maybe I'm just gettimg old, but I and others miss having hard copy tickets, posters and reading material. I have had this conversation with othets and they tensd to agree with me that there needs to be more postering done for shows in the city. So venue owners, promoters, booking agencies, bar owners and bands please bring back gig posters.
My top 10 shows of 2022. All shows were in Edmonton.
* Wednesday March 23rd The Darkness with The Dead Deads @ Union Hall
* Thursday March 31st Altameda with Eamon McGrath @ Starlite Room
* Saturday April 2nd Starcrawler @ Foundry On Whyte
* Saturday April 9th Jr. Gone Wild @ Rocky Mountain Icehouse
* Friday May 6th Corb Lund with Mike Plume @ Starlite Room
* Friday September 2nd Dirty Honey with Mac Saturn @ Starlite Room
* Tuesday September 13th Roger Waters @ Rogers Place
* Friday October 21st Dave Hause with Ben Sir @ The Buck
* Saturday October 22nd The Sadies with Kacy Anderson
* Friday October 28th and Saturday October 29th Starcrawler @ Foundry On Whyte

No comments:

Post a Comment