Sunday, January 1, 2023

My Favourite Albums Of 2022

Here is my list of favourite albums I bought in 2022. There really isn't much of a list, as I didn't buy a whole lot in 2022. Several reasons I guess, for one I moved a year and a half ago and I don't walk by the local record store everyday anymore. Another reason would be that there just wasn't a lot of new albums that interested me in 2022. And, money being a little tighter with concerts back up and running, I was more interested in getting out to see bands in concert. But here is a small list of some of my favourites. A couple of these albums may have been released the year before but didn't get a vinyl release until 2022. List is in no particular order.
Jr. Gone Wild - Still Got The Jacket After 25 years, local cow-punkers finally released a new album, and damn it is good. Not a bad song on it in my opinion.
Altameda - Born Losers Another band from Edmonton now based in Toronto put out their follow up to Time Hasn't Changed You. At first I wasn't sure what to make of this album as it is quite a bit mellower then the previous album. But after a few listens I fell in love with it. An album that grows on you. Again, not a bad song on it.
Black Crowes - 1972 With the Black Crowes reuniting the band or more like Chris and Rich as there are no othe original members in the band anymore released this all cover album of songs from 1972. A fun album.
Corb Lund - Songs My Friends Wrote Another ex-Edmontonian released this all cover album performing songs that, like the title says, songs that his friends wrote. Another fun album.
Dave Hause - Blood Harmony A mellow album that comes across as sincere in it's lyrics.
The Sadies - Colder Streams An album that was recorded and ready to be released just before the sudden passing of Dallas Good. A great album.
Drive-By Truckers - Welcome 2 Club XIII A rocker of a na album and a great reminder why I like this band so much.
Neil Young + Promise Of The Real - Noise & Flowers Neil was sure punching out the albums in 2022. It felt like everytime I did go to the record shop I was picking up a Neil album. Seven releases in 2022, everything from new material, lost albums and live albums. Of the seven I picked up the live album with Promise Of The Real is my favourite. A rocker with the Willie Nelson's sons Lukas and Micah band backing Neil up, rocking in the vain of Crazy Horse. Great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment