Saturday, December 31, 2022

Corb Lund Live in Edmonton May 6th 2022

This show by Corb Lund and The Hurtin' Albertans dubbed Back To The Barrooms Tour was originaly scheduled for February but had to be rescheduled after another Covid outbreak. Luckily it was booked again this time for May and with three shows in Edmotnon at the Starlite Room. Corb had booked this tour right across Canada playing barroom venues. Cord could surely play bigger rooms in most of the cities he played but stayed with smaller venues as a way of helping these venues get back on their feet after being shutdown for two years. An awesome gesture on Corb's part. Thanks Corb! I didn't buy tickets for this show when they went on sale and later kicked my ass for not doing so as all three shows sold out super quick. And then Corb announced that he was bringing Mike Plume on tour with him for all the Western Canadian dates. Now I was really kicking my ass. It took me a while but I did manage to get tickets for the Friday night show (night 2 of 3) for my buddy Buzzard and I. It had been six years since I had last seen Corb in concert, and to see him play a bar was going to be awesome. I was looking forward to the show now. Opening the show was Mike Plume. This would be my 23rd time seeing Mike in concert. And as always he put on a staellar performance. The place was packed for him to which was super cool to see. And the crowd seemed to really be enjoying themselves with lots of Plumeheads in the crowd singing along to all hs songs. Great 40 minute opening set and nice break for Plume getting to play these shows with Corb to sold out crowds. Mike Plume.
The Starlite Room was crazy full by the time Corb Lund and his band hit the stage. Corb's show was close to two hours long with him playing all his hits such as "Shine Up Your Boots", "Five Dollar Bill", "I Wanna Be In The Cavalry", "Cows Around" and of course "Rye Whiskey" plus so many others that I don't recall now. One disappointment was, I really thought he might bring Mike out for the song "Big American Headliner". That song is a Mike Plume song that Corb had just covered for his album Songs My friends Wrote that came out just a few weeks before this show. But Corb didn't play that song, but he did bring Mike out for a couple of songs one of them being "This Is My Prairie". Such an awesome double bill. Good times!!! Corb Lund.

No comments:

Post a Comment