Friday, December 30, 2022

Alice Cooper Live in Edmonton April 12th 2022

Alice Cooper with Buckcherry, here is a show I didn't expect to go to. At the last minute a friend of mine Gerrianne got in touch with me and offered me the tickets for free as she couldn't go because of coming down with Covid. Even though it was only an hour or two before show time, you don't say no to free Alice Cooper tickets. I went to this show with my buddy Nazz. This show was held at the Jubilee Auditorium. When this show was origianly announced it was supposed to be Lita Ford opening, which would have been pretty cool. But after being postponed for over a year it ended up being Buckcherry opening. Far as long as Buckcherry has been around (1999) and as many times as the band has played Edmonton, I had never seen them live before, so I was looking forward to finally seeing them perform. I think the only original member is lead singer Josh Todd, but the band still play a sleazy glam metal style of music, which you just don't see or hear of much anymore. I've never owned any of their albums but am familiar with a couple of their songs that got a lot of airplay, that being "Lit Up" and "Crazy Bitch" which of course they played. And it was those two songs that got the best response from the crowd. They closed their set with "Crazy Bitch" with everyone singing along. Overall they were good, I'd like to see them playin a bar setting, that would be a lot of fun. Buckcherry.
Next up was Alice Cooper who was on tour in support of his 2021 album Detroit Stories. This woud be my 8th time seeing Alice Cooper in concert. Having seen him that many times, you pretty much know what you are in store for, and he didn't disappoint. As always Alice's backing band were excellent with Nita Strauss on guitar ripping it up and running all over the stage. Having said that, Alice is no slouch either, at 74 years old he still commands the stage and is sounding great and very entertaining, doing his usual antics. The show opened with "Feed My Frankenstein" from his Hey Stoopid album and closing out his set with "Teenage Frankenstein" from his Constrictor album. His setlist on this night covered his acreer with songs like "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm Eighteen", "Steven", "Go To Hell", "Devil's Food", "I Love The Dead", "Billion Dollar Babies", "Under My Wheels", well you get the idea, great songs, but of course he had to do "Poison" a song I absolutely hate, but who the hell am I, the crowd loved it. And for his encore he closed the show out with "School's Out". Alice doesn't seem to age, another great show. Again, thank you gerrianne for the tickets. Good times!!! Alice Cooper.
T-shirt front.
T-shirt back.

No comments:

Post a Comment