Friday, December 23, 2022

The Darkness Live in Edmonton March 23rd 2022

This show with The Darkness at Union Hall was rescheduled after being postponed because of, well you know. Originally it was for April 2020. I had never seen The Darkness before so was looking forward to it. Opening the show was a three piece band called The Dead Deads out of Nashville. I had never heard of the band before but got there early to check them out. They were pretty damn good actually. The Dead Deads.
Headliner was British rockers The Darkness, I've always wanted to see this band and finally got my chance to see them play live and they didn't disappoint. I loved their 2003 album Permission To Land and then kind of forgot about them after their 2005 album One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back. The band have released 5 albums since 2012 including the 2021 album Motorheart in which they were touring for when I saw them. Lead singer Justin Hawkins can still sing like a motherfucker, I was very impressed with is stage presence and his voice. The whole band was great even though they played to a half full venue. It was the old songs from their debut album Permission To Land that really had the crowd singing along. All and all a very fun show. Good times!!! The Darkness.
T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment