Sunday, December 4, 2022

Bruce Dickinson Spoken Word Tour in Edmonton March 18th 2022

In March of this year things finally started to open up. And the year got started with the Bruce Dickinson Spoken Word Tour (Bruce Dickinson of course being the front man of Iron Maiden) at the Winspear Centre. When this was first announced I thought it would be interestig to see. Having seen Iron Maiden live more then a few times I figured this would be pretty cool to see. Then I saw how much tickets were, and it was way out of my price range for a show like this. But, as luck would have it, I won a pair of tickets to the show from the local radio station The Bear. So that was a huge savings, and I was going. Who better to go to this show with then my buddy Nazz, whom is a huge Iron Maiden fan. I wasn't too sure what to expect having only been to one other spoken word performance and that was Henry Rollins a few times. And those shows were amazing, and with this being Bruce's first spoken word tour, I wasn't expecting too much. And I was right, the show wasn't all that entertaining to me. It was an hour and a half of Bruce telling stories with pictures flashing on a screen behind him to an audience of about 500-600 people. Of those 500-600 in attendance, i think my buddy and I were the only ones not sporting an Iron Maiden t-shirt. Maiden fans are diehard that's for sure. It was cool to hear a couple of stories about his days in the band Samson prior to joining Iron Maiden. After his spoken word, he did a Q&A with the audience, but by that time, my buddy and I had seen and heard enough and bailed. Glad I got to see the show but some happy that the tickets were free. Nonetheless it sure was good to get out after four months of no shows at all. Bruce Dickinson at the Winspear Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment