Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Altameda Live in Edmonton March 31st 2022

The next show I saw was at the Starlite Room with Altameda headlining. This show was part of the Winterruption YEG 2022 Festival. The Starlite Room had both of their stages going for this show, the backroom which is called The Temple. I went to this show with Cuz and Buzzard. Starting the evening of music on the Temple stage which is the smaller of the two stages at the Starlite Room was Jillian Lake out of Vancouver. Her music was very folkish and wasn't really to my liking. Jillian Lake
Next up on the Starlite stage was Toronto based singer/songwriter Julian Taylor a folk roots soul style of music. Again, nothing that struck a chord with me. Julian Taylor
Back to the Temple stage, this time for ex Edmonton musician now based in Toronto Eamon McGrath. Now this is the shit. This was my second time seeing Eamon in concert and he and his band kicked ass. Awesome rock n' roll. Big fan of these guys I am. Very impressive! Eamon McGrath
Headlining the evening was another Edmonton band now based out of Toronto as well Altameda. This would be my 13th time seeing the band perform. Altameda released their newest album Born Losers earlier in 2022. At first I wasn't sure what to make of the new album as it is a much more chill album then their last one but after a few listens it is an amazing album, one of my favourites of 2022. And then to see and hear the band play the new stuff live, well they kicked ass. The new stuff sounds amazing. A great performance once again from Altameda. It was also really nice to hang with lead singer/guitarist Troy Snaterse after the show. Good times!!! Altameda
Setlist.
T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment