Sunday, February 26, 2023

Dirty Honey Live in Edmonton Sept.2nd 2022

My concert reviews are going to be short as I have a lot of shows to catch up on from 2022. So the rviews are going to be mostly pictures that I took. This show last September of Dirty Honey and Mac Saturn at the Starlite Room was one of my favourite shows of last year. A great double bill of two great rock n' roll bands. I went to this show with Cuz and my buddy Nazz. Opening the show was Mac Saturn from Detroit. I had never heard of the band before until I saw that they were the openers for this show. I checked them out on Spotify and listened to their album Until The Money Runs Out and thought they were pretty good. Well after seeing them live, their album really doesn't do them justice. What a great band to see live. This five piece band know how to rock, lead singer Carson Macc has a Chris Robinson/Steve Tyler kind of vibe to him and a great voice, so much energy you couldn't help but get into them. Actually the whole band had great energy and vibe to them, reminding me of a Rolling Stones and Black Crowes mix. An amazing opening set and would highly recommend seeing them in concert. After their set I was outside the venue having a smoke and got the chance to talk to the guys and smoke one with them. Great bunch of guys. Mac Saturn at the Starlite Room.
Headlining the evening was Dirty Honey a band out of Los Angeles. By the time the band hit the stage the venue was packed. Dirty Honey play a 70's influenced mix of rock n' roll like Aerosmith, Zeppelin and Black Crowes with a slight touch of glam. Simply put, they are a kick ass rock n' roll band! An awesome double bill. Good times!!! Dirty Honey at the Starlite Room.
T-shirt front.
T-shirt back.

No comments:

Post a Comment