Sunday, February 12, 2023

Primus Live in Edmonton June 10th 2022

My buddy Nazz and I attended this Primus show in Edmonton at The Expo Centre. When I saw that Black Mountain was opening. Don't get me wrong, I really like Primus but Black Mountain was an added bonus. This would be my fourth time seeing Primus in concert and second time seeing Black Mountain. We got to the venue early as we didn't want to miss the Vancouver band Black Mountain. Black Mountain's line up has changed from the last time I saw them which was back in 2008. It was great to see a great turn out for the openers. I was actually surprised by how many people were there for Black Mountain. I dig their style of pschedelic/stoner rock music. They sounded great and put on a great show. Black Mountain.
Now it was time for Primus. This tour was dubbed A Tribute To Kings with the band playing the Rush album A Farewell To Kings in its entirety. In the weeks before this show I'd been listening to the Primus album Antipop an album I didn't realize I like as much as I do. The song Lacquer Head being one of my favorites on the album, I just couldn't get enough of it. I had said to my buddy nazz on the way to the show "I really hope they play this song tonight". Well after the opening song "Those Damned Blue Collar Tweekers" what do they play, yes "Lacquer Head", well that made my night and we were only two songs into the show. Other songs I recall them playing were "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver", "Fisticuffs" and "My Name Is Mud" plus others that I can't remember now. Keep in mind this show was last June, so my memory isn't great. Primus then did the Rush album "A Farewell To Kings" in which they did an amazing job of. After doing the album in full the band came back for an encore of a few songs, one of them being "Here Come The Bastards". I'd seen primus three times before this show and I think this was probably my favorite show of theirs. Primus sucks! Good times!!! Primus.

No comments:

Post a Comment