Sunday, February 5, 2023

Eamon McGrath Live in Edmonton May 26th 2022

Got to see Eamon McGrath play Edmonton at The Buck. This would be my third time seeing Eamon in concert and second time in 2022. Eamon is an artist based out of Toronto, originally from Edmonton. If you like Neil Young Crazy Horse inspired rock n' roll, this is the band to see. He rocked The buck on this night. Gritty rock n' roll with lots of energy and great lyrics. Highly recommend checking him out if you get the chance. God knows he always seems to be touring. Eamon McGrath at The Buck.
I missed the opening act Seth Anderson, but did catch Edmonton's Fire Next Time. This was my fourth time seeing them in concert. It had been a while since I had seen the band perform. I thought they put on a good show. They play a folk punk style of music. The hometown crowd were digging them. Good times!!! Fire Next Time at The Buck.
I now remember what else made this evening memorable besides the great music. It was game five of the Calgary Flames vs. Edmonton Oilers playoff game. I now also recall that I was there for opener Seth Anderson but the bar had the hockey game on and I was watching that more so then the band. It was the first time I have been in a bar watching a hockey game from start to finish in a very long time. The game went into overtime with the Oilers winning. The bar exploded with McDavid scoring in OT. That made for a huge celebration in the bar and on Whyte Avenue. So the patrons of the bar were in a great mood after that which made for an even more fun show. Good times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment