Saturday, January 13, 2024

Favorite Albums of 2023

  


Well, like my post about favorite concerts of the year, I didn't buy as many albums as I usually do in the course of a year. Financial difficulties was a big part of it. And what the fuck, albums are near fifty bucks these days, way too expensive. I love buying new albums and taking chances on artists and bands, but at the price of records, you better know what you are buying. The record business is pricing me right out of the game. it's no wonder people are streaming music nowadays. I still want to support bands, especially the more underground artists, but because of lack of money, that is hard to do for me these days. I just feel like I am  kind of out of the loop on new bands as of late. Hopefully 2024 will be better for me. Nonetheless, I did buy a few albums this year, and here is my list of my top ten albums for 2023. The list is in chronological order of when I bought them.

* Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol.17 Fragments (Time Out Of Mind Sessions (1996-1997))



* Lucero - Should've Learned By Now



* Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1974



* The Hold Steady - The Price Of Progress



* Bob Dylan - Shadow Kingdom



* Jason Isbell - Weathervanes



* Neil Young - Chrome Dreams



* Bob Dylan - Another Budokan 1978



* Elliott Brood - Town



* Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds



No comments:

Post a Comment