Friday, April 17, 2009

Favorite Shows of 1995

The year 1995 was a decent year for shows.
March 30th I went to see The Eagles at the Coliseum. I wasn't going to go to this show becuase it was the first time I had seen ticket prices hit the three digit mark, a hundred bucks to see The Eagles,hmmm, really didn't think it was worth it. But day of the show I went down to the Coliseum to see if I could score a cheap ticket, that didn't happen. So I went to the box office to see what they had for seats, I managed to get a front row seat dead centre for face value, if I was going to pay a hundred dollars for a seat, front row centre I could do. I am glad I saw this show cause it was quite good. Joe Walsh stole the show as he did when he played with Ringo Starr. I sure would like to see Joe Walsh do a solo show. I went to this show alone.


On May 26th I traveled to Vancouver to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant play The Pacific Coliseum. And what a fucking show that was, when they opened with Led Zeps Rock n Roll the place went nuts, made the hair stand on the back of your neck, just thinking of it is doing the same thing to me now. I went to this show with my brother. We took four doobies for the show and came out of the show with the same four doobs, there was a lot of pot smoked at this show, I didn't even get to light one up. The people next to me just kept sparking them up one after another. At the end of the show I turned to the guy next to me and gave him one of my joints, and said thanks for all the smoke. I owe you one,lol. My Bro was 3 rows behind me and I believe he was swilling Jack out of a bottle someone had snuck into the show. This was an absolutelly amazing show.

On July 15th it was time for a road trip to High River, Alberta for Another Roadside Attraction Festival that had The Tragically Hip playing (the Hip put on this Fest) with Eric's Trip,Rheostatics,Matthew Sweet,Blues Traveler,Spirit Of The West and Ziggy Marley. I went to this show with a whole shit load of friends, Joe, Claudia, A Bomb, T Bone, Julio,Warren,Kim and more, can't remeber everyone.
What an amazing line up and good time at this show. The beer garden was a fucking zoo, I recall A Bomb and I going to the beer garden tripping out, and just watching people lose their fucking minds, good times!!!! Blues Traveler were awesome.





July 17th was time for Ace Frehley and Peter Criss at The Thunderdome. I was so stoked for this show, as was my brother whom I went to this show with. After all him and I are two of the biggest KISS fans around. Neither one of us had ever seen Ace or Peter before and here they were playing together at a bar, wow, this was going to be amazing, and it was. Each memebr did their solo thing then played some songs together. To hear Ace do New York Groove was fucking awesome, my Bro and I lost our minds at this show.

Next great show I saw this year was Rancid with Seaweed at Dinwoodie Lounge. This show too was fucking awesome and an excellent venue to see some wicked punk rock. I went to this alone I believe.


Other shows I saw in 1995 were Joe Cocker at The Jubilee Auditorium, Sons Of Freedom with Econoline Crush and Grimskunk at People's Pub, Randy Bachman at The Thunder Dome, Weird Al Yankovic at The Jubilee Auditorium, 54-40 atThe Thunderdome, The Pietasters with Let's Go Bowling at The Sidetrack Cafe, Glueleg at People's Pub, The Watchmen with The Headstones at The Convention Centre, Furnace Face at The New York Theatre in Vancouver, Paul Rodgers of Bad Company at The Thunderdome, Charlie Sexton at The Sidetrack Cafe, comedian Nestor Pistor at Santana's, The Pursuit Of Happiness at The Power Plant on U of A campus, Green Day with The Riverdales at The Coliseum, Love Supreme (Lester Quitzau's band) at Blackbyrd Myoozik overall another great year of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment