Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rock N' Roll Will Never Die



On Thursday April 23rd I went to see Neil Young play here in Edmonton, this was my 4th time seeing him play, and wow, what a fuckin' show. This was my first time seeing him play without Crazy Horse has his back up band. Out of the 4 times I have seen him, this was my favorite show. Neil was ON for this show, opening with Love And Only Love from the Ragged Glory album (my fave Neil album) then following that up with Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) I knew we were in for a treat with that kind of opening. The coliseum wasn't quite sold out, a crowd of about 12,000 I would say, with a very strong smell of pot right from the get go :)
This was the first time I had seen Neil pull out the acoustic guitar in concert playing Heart Of Gold and Old Man from the Harvest album. Absolutelly amazing, seeing him play and hear these songs in the set. He played for 2 hours and 15 minutes, playing only a few songs from his new album Fork In The Road. He also played Down By The River which I had never seen him perform either, another one of my favorite songs of his. And for an encore he played a Dylan cover All Along The Watchtower, made famous by Jimi Hendrix, and I am sure Jimi was looking down with a big ass smile, he fucking rocked this song out big time.Feedback is a beautiful thing!!!I went to this show with my girlfriend Janis. What an awesome show, I give this show a 10 out of 10.
Setlist for the show.

Love And Only Love
Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
Fuel Line
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Pocahontas
Spirit Road
Cortez The Killer
Cinnamon Girl
Mother Earth
The Needle And The Damage Done
Light A Candle
Are You Ready For The Country?
Four Strong Winds
Heart Of Gold
Old Man
Speakin' Out
Tonight's The Night
Down By The River
Get Behind The Wheel
Just Singing A Song

Encore:

All Along The Watchtower



No comments:

Post a Comment