Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gaslight Anthem in Edmonton Apr.8th



On April 8th I went to see Gaslight Anthem with The Heartless Bastards at The Starlite Room here in Edmonton. They played to a packed house, sold out show.
I thought I was going to like The Heartless Bastards, after all I have been listening to their new album The Mountain for a few months. But, I have to say, after seeing them live, I find that the lead singers (Erika Wennerstrom) voice grated on me after about 4 songs. They are a good tight band, but was a bit let down by them.
Now, Gaslight Anthem rocked the joint big time. They opened with the song Great Expectations and had the crowd singing along and dancing away. The show rocked all the way thru, they surprised me with a Tom Petty cover American Girl. The band played for about 70 minutes. I really enjoyed this show and hope to get to see them again soon. Over all a really fun night of kick ass rock n' roll. I would rate Gaslight Anthem a 9 out of 10.









No comments:

Post a Comment