Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stompin' Tom Connors Honoured


As many of my friends and family know, I have been a huge Stompin' Tom fan since I was a little kid. Actually, one of the very first albums I ever owned was a Stompin' Tom album called The Hockey Song which I still own to this day.
Well, this summer Canada Post honoured him with his own stamp. I thought this was a cool way to honour him, as he wants know part of a Juno award, which is a stupid reward that they give out to Canadian musicians (like a Grammy in the USA) he has actually won a few Juno's back in the day, but ended up giving them back as he wanted no part of them.
Stompin' Tom has never got the accolades he deserves, the man has put out countless albums and has wrote well over three hundred songs, most of which are about Canada and its people. I have seen Stompin' Tom three times and has never put on a disappointing show. I hope I get to see him again soon, as he is now 73 years old.
I am very happy to see Stompin' Tom Connors honoured on a Canadian stamp. I was lucky enough to get myself a few of these stamps. Congratulations Stompin' Tom, you deserve it. 54 cents well spent!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment