Friday, October 30, 2009

Old School Album For The Week of Oct. 26-30



This week I have been listening to Anthrax's album called Among The Living which came out in 1987 (which was their 3rd full album release). This was their classic line up and best line up they ever had. I also think this is their best album that they ever released, and still stands the test of time. It's classic thrash metal, and after listening to it all week, it still rocks big time.
I don't really think there is a bad track on this whole album. Stand out tracks for me are the title track, Caught In A Mosh,Indians,I Am The Law and Imitation Of Life.
I have been lucky enough to see Anthrax 3 times, all of them with the classic line up of Scott(Not)Ian, Dan Spitz,Frank Bello,Charlie Benante and on vocals Joe Belladona. First time I saw them live was opening for KISS in 1988 on KISS's Crazy Nights Tour, Anthrax blew them off the stage (my bro managed to meet Anthrax before the KISS show), then saw them open for Iron Maiden in 1991 and finally on a reunion tour opening for Megadeth on the Gigantour. They have always put on an excellent show. EFILNIKUFESIN

No comments:

Post a Comment