Friday, October 23, 2009

Old School Album Of The Week For Oct 19-23


This is the first of what I hope to make a weekly thing of, I am going to reminisce on an old album every week.
This week it is Alice Cooper's album Constrictor released in 1986. I totally remember when this was released, I was so stoked to see that Alice was making a comeback. I had been listening to Alice for a few years before this release. But of course I was listening to all his old stuff from his hey days of the 70's.
Well after listening to Constrictor for the past week on my mp3 player, I have to admit, I still actually get a kick out of this album. Alice was sounding good,his lyrics weren't quite as sinister as they were in the 70's but they were still fun songs, Thrill My Gorilla, I mean c'mon, that's funny. Other tracks I enjoy on this album are Teenage Frankenstein (which is what I felt like when I was 16), The World Needs Guts,Trick Bag (an S&M song,lol) and Crawlin'. All and all not really a great album, but it is a fun album to listen to after all these years. Favorite lyrics on this album from the song Thrill My Gorilla.
We lay on our skins,original sins
Ah,ah,ah,ah
We touch, we feel
We scream, we squeal
Thrill my gorilla
Thrill my gorilla
At the time of this incarnation of Alice's band, he had a guitar player by the name of Kane Roberts, a big muscle headed dude, who played a guitar in the shape of a machine gun, ya it was cheesie, but cool,lol

I wonder whatever became of him. I will never forget, when Alice came to Edmonton on this tour, talk about being excited, after Kiss and Stompin' Tom Connors Alice was my next big music influence at the time. I ended up getting front row seats for this show too, and it was everything I was expecting and more. And to think back in 1987 when he played here I thought I have to see him, who knows how much longer he will be around. Well, lo and behold, the man is still kicking out albums and touring to this very day.
I would give this album a FORE out of 10 (Alice fans will get this)

No comments:

Post a Comment