Sunday, February 28, 2010

Old School Album Of The Week For Feb. 22nd - 26th



Here is an album I haven't listened to in ages. David Lee Roth's first full length solo release after leaving Van Halen, Eat 'Em And Smile released in 1987.
This album is actually a fun album to listen to again. He had an excellent back up band for this release with Steve Vai on guitar, Billy Sheehan on bass and drummer Greg Bissonette. The album starts with the song Yankee Rose and Steve Vai's guitar mimicking Roth's vocals. My other favorite tracks on Eat 'Em And Smile are Shy Boy which rocks all the way through, Goin' Crazy is another good one and Bump And Grind is good as well. The whole album is quite good.
I remember getting the chance to see David Lee Roth on this tour in 1987 at Northland's Coliseum with Harlequin opening, whom basically got booed off the stage. The place was sold out and no one was there to see them play that's for sure. Harlequin actually was a last minute add on as Andy Taylor ex of Duran Duran was supposed to be the openers but were cancelled for some reason.
This was my first time see Roth in concert as I didn't get the chance to see him when he was in Van Halen. It was an excellent concert with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan almost stealing the show. Roth sounded good and was his usual self, jumping and singing his heart out and of course being a ladies man. There were a whole lot of hot and skanky women at this show. I don't recall who I went to this show with, but I had row 4 on the floor for this show and had a really good time.




1 comment:

  1. Did i go to this show with you? I went with someone, and i remember it being pretty good. This LP is way better than "Skyscraper".

    ReplyDelete